Just-in-Time Access To MariaDB
Utilize the seamless integration between MariaDB and Apono to streamline the automated administration of MariaDB database access. Easily configure dynamic access workflows, grant detailed permissions, and generate a comprehensive audit trail that outlines the who, why, and when of access to MariaDB.
MariaDB is an open-source relational database management system (RDBMS) and is considered a fork of MySQL. It was created by the original developers of MySQL after concerns arose over the acquisition of MySQL by Oracle Corporation. MariaDB is designed to be highly compatible with MySQL, meaning that most MySQL database applications and scripts can be run on MariaDB without modification.
Just-in-Time (JIT) access involves assigning permissions to users or systems in real-time as needed, rather than maintaining continuous access. This strategy is frequently employed in cybersecurity to reduce the risk of security breaches by restricting unnecessary access. It aligns with the principle of least privilege (POLP), emphasizing that users should only have the minimum access levels required to fulfill their tasks.
Developer JIT Access
- Limit access to the minimum required permissions and implement strict controls on when those permissions are granted. JIT access helps enhance overall security. This proactive approach reduces the risk of unauthorized access and potential security breaches.
- Integrate JIT access with your incident response plan. In the event of a security incident, having the ability to quickly adjust access permissions can be crucial for containing and mitigating the impact.
- Utilize JIT access with your identity management systems. This integration streamlines the process of aligning access permissions with changes in user roles, making it more efficient and less prone to errors.
Secure Break-glass Access
- Manage break-glass access, balancing the need for emergency access with the imperative of maintaining robust security measures.
- Implement comprehensive logging and monitoring systems to track and record break-glass access events.
- Dynamically grant only the permissions needed for the task at hand to prevent downtime and costly mistakes in production.
- Escape the frustration of ticket fatigue and the time-consuming nature of manual provisioning through the implementation of automated access flows.
- Embrace innovation to revolutionize your workflow, saving time and resources, enhancing efficiency, and ensuring a secure access management system.
- Automate your access control and witness a transformative shift in permission allocation within your organization.
Apono automates access management to MariaDB
Apono empowers teams to craft dynamic access flows, providing on-demand permissions with meticulous granularity and comprehensive audit capabilities.
Rather than providing access for an indefinite duration, consider implementing a more strategic approach by opting for time-bound access provisioning. This nuanced strategy involves assigning access permissions for a specified and predetermined period, enhancing the control and security of your access management practices. By adopting time-bound access, your organization gains the flexibility to align permissions precisely with the temporal requirements of specific tasks or roles.
Tailor your organizational workflows by introducing customized automation to systematically and seamlessly enhance identity processes. This strategic initiative aims to optimize the efficiency of discovering, managing, and securing user access within your system. Through the implementation of these tailored workflows, your organization can achieve a more refined and responsive approach to identity management, fostering precision and accuracy in handling user access.
Restricted Third-Party Access
Facilitate time-based access for third parties, be they customers or vendors, by granting specific permissions to designated buckets, databases, or instances. This enhanced security measure incorporates Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) verification, ensuring that third parties authenticate their identity through multiple factors before gaining access.
Single Source of Truth
Centralize and streamline the management of privileges across your entire technology stack by consolidating them within a unified platform. This approach not only enhances efficiency but also facilitates a more comprehensive and cohesive oversight of the various permissions and access levels throughout your system, contributing to a more robust and integrated security framework.
Granular Database Access
Define and configure Athena database and schema permissions with precision to align seamlessly with your system’s nuanced requirements. This granularity allows meticulous access control, tailoring permissions to specific attributes and functionalities. Customizing access parameters enhances Athena security and creates an adaptable, scalable structure for evolving data management processes.
Comprehensive Audit Log
Enhance access and permissions transparency, facilitating comprehensive auditing for incident investigation and the implementation of scheduled reporting mechanisms to meet compliance requirements effectively.
How Apono works in 3 steps
Three easy steps are what it takes to create Just-In-Time and Just Enough
permissions for everyone with access to your cloud assets and resources.
Automatically discover all resources managed by MariaDB.
Define dynamic permission workflows and approval processes.
And that’s it! Now your team can directly request access to granular resources in a single click, automatically provisioned when you need it or shipped for approval – no more waiting for permissions or leaving them behind.
View a detailed access audit of who was granted access to which instances with what permission level and why.
No Secrets Stored
Full Access Visibility