Connect Azure AD with Mongo Atlas
By connecting Azure AD with MongoDB Atlas, you can grant access to MariaDB databases and schemas based on users and groups from Azure AD.
However, the challenge lies in integrating the authentication and authorization mechanisms of the Identity Provider (IDP) with the database. This often requires complex mapping of IDP groups to database roles or permissions to ensure that only authorized users can access the database. Therefore, having a functional Active Directory environment is crucial before undertaking the integration with any database.
Connecting Apono with Azure AD allows organizations to:
- Manage permissions at a granular resource level based on Azure AD users and groups.
- Automate database permissions management based on Azure AD users and groups authentication.
- Create On-Call and Break Glass automated access workflows based on Azure AD users in Pagerduty/Opsgenie/ViktorOps shifts.
- Grant limited access to customer data or environment based on Azure AD user, groups or other attributes.
- Slack/Teams access request and approval workflows (i.e based on Azure AD manager attribute) for RnD or support personnel.
- Restrict access to PII and sensitive data synced with cloud resources and Azure AD groups.