Connect Azure AD with PostgreSQL
Connecting Azure AD with PostgreSQL allows you to provide access in PostgreSQL databases and schemas according to users and groups from Azure AD.
The difficulty is in integrating the IDP’s authentication and authorization mechanisms with the database. This typically involves intricate mapping of IDP groups to database roles or permissions, ensuring that only authorized users can access the database. So, it’s important to have a functioning Active Directory environment before attempting to integrate it with any database.
Connecting Apono with Azure AD allows organizations to:
- Manage permissions at a granular resource level based on Azure AD users and groups.
- Automate database permissions management based on Azure AD users and groups authentication.
- Create On-Call and Break Glass automated access workflows based on Azure AD users in Pagerduty/Opsgenie/ViktorOps shifts.
- Grant limited access to customer data or environment based on Azure AD user, groups or other attributes.
- Slack/Teams access request and approval workflows (i.e based on Azure AD manager attribute) for RnD or support personnel.
- Restrict access to PII and sensitive data synced with cloud resources and Azure AD groups.