Connect Okta with MySQL
Integrating Okta with MySQL allows you the ability to provide access in MySQL’s databases and schemas according to users and groups from Okta.
The difficulty is in integrating the IDP’s authentication and authorization mechanisms with the database. This typically involves intricate mapping of IDP groups to database roles or permissions, ensuring that only authorized users can access the database. So, it’s important to have a functioning Okta environment before attempting to integrate it with any database.
Connecting Apono with Okta allows organizations to:
- Manage permissions at a granular resource level based on Okta users and groups.
- Automate database permissions management based on Okta users and groups authentication.
- Create On-Call and Break Glass automated access workflows based on Okta users in Pagerduty/Opsgenie/ViktorOps shifts.
- Grant limited access to customer data or environment based on Okta user, groups or other attributes.
- Slack/Teams access request and approval workflows (i.e based on Okta manager attribute) for RnD or support personnel.
- Restrict access to PII and sensitive data synced with cloud resources and Okta groups.