Connect Jumpcloud with PostgreSQL
Integrating Jumpcloud withPostgreSQL allows you the ability to provide access in PostgreSQL’s databases and schemas according to users and groups from Jumpcloud.
The difficulty is in integrating the IDP’s authentication and authorization mechanisms with the database. This typically involves intricate mapping of IDP groups to database roles or permissions, ensuring that only authorized users can access the database. So, it’s important to have a functioning Jumpcloud environment before attempting to integrate it with any database.
Connecting Apono with Jumpcloud allows organizations to:
- Manage permissions at a granular resource level based on Jumpcloud users and groups.
- Automate database permissions management based on Jumpcloud users and groups authentication.
- Create On-Call and Break Glass automated access workflows based on Jumpcloud users in Pagerduty/Opsgenie/ViktorOps shifts.
- Grant limited access to customer data or environment based on Jumpcloud user, groups or other attributes.
- Slack/Teams access request and approval workflows (i.e based on Jumpcloud manager attribute) for RnD or support personnel.
- Restrict access to PII and sensitive data synced with cloud resources and Jumpcloud groups.